Legal Disclaimer: STBreviews does not serve, develop, or host any streaming app, addon, service, or website. This is solely a review site where we give our unbiased opinion on various apps, addons, services, websites, etc.
This article is for you if you are running an earlier Kodi version on your Fire TV / Stick. We’ll show you how to update Kodi without using a computer on a FireStick or Fire TV.
The procedure is straightforward; nevertheless, you must carefully follow the procedures outlined in the instructions to avoid problems later on.
If you’re a new user and haven’t already installed Kodi, it’s one of the best FireStick applications you can get for your device. Learn how to install Kodi on FireStick by following this method.
You will learn how to upgrade Kodi on Fire TV without losing any existing Add-ons or Builds using the method described in this post. To update the Kodi app, we will use the Downloader app.
Downloader is a free program that can be found on the Amazon App Store. Using the FireStick search option, you can download and install it.
Update the latest Kodi 19.5 on FireStick
The comprehensive step-by-step instructions for updating Kodi on FireStick, FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, and other Fire TV devices, including the Fire TV Cube, are provided below.
Step 1: Download Downloader on FireStick
1. Go back to the Home page and go to “Find.”
2. Type “Downloader” in the search box, and it usually pops up right away. Then hit OK on your remote.
3. Select Downloader and press “OK” on your remote again.
4. Press “OK” once more.
And it will start downloading.
5. After finishing the download, press “Open.”
6. And once again, you must hit Allow.
7. Then press OK.
Step 2: Prepare FireStick for Kodi Update
After downloading the Downloader, you have to grant access to the Downloader so that it can install third-party applications on your Firestick.
1. Once again, head to Settings.
2. Go to My Fire TV.
3. Go to the Developer Option and press OK.
If you can’t find the developer option on your Firestick, then Click Here.
4. Then go to Install unknown apps.
5. Find Downloader and press OK to grant access to Downloader.
7. Go to Settings and select Preferences > Privacy Settings. Turn off Device Usage Data as well as Collect App Usage Data.
This step is optional, however, it is strongly advised if you are concerned about privacy.
Step 3: Download Kodi Update on FireStick
Kodi 19.5 Matrix is the latest upgrade available now.
1. Launch the Downloader app that you previously installed. Click the URL box on the right side.
2. For the latest Kodi 19.5 Matrix, enter https://kodi.tv/download/android, and Click GO.
3. Then Downloader will take you to Kodi’s official site.
Make sure that you are using a VPN. VPN protects your privacy when you browse through the Internet. We suggest SurfShark VPN, as it is one of the best.
4. Scroll down. And you can see there is Kodi v19.5 (Matrix) written there, then select “ARMV7A (32BIT)”.
5. And the download process will start.
Step 4: Update Kodi on Firestick
We have just downloaded the most recent Kodi update file to your FireStick. Let’s begin with the final step, which is to install the new Kodi update on FireStick.
1. After downloading the update file, select “Install.”
2. Wait for the installation to complete.
3. When the notification “App Installed” appears, it indicates Kodi on FireStick has been updated.
4. After clicking Done, Downloader will give you the option to delete the file, as it will just take up space on your Firestick. So it is completely okay to delete the file.
5. Select Delete and press OK on your remote.
6. Select Delete and press OK again.
7. Congratulations! The Kodi app has been updated to the latest version on your Firestick. To verify the new update, open Kodi and navigate to Settings.
There you go. You have successfully updated Kodi on your Firestick device.
Kodi Update Failed on FireStick?
If the above technique for updating your Kodi app somehow doesn’t work, continue with the steps below. We will apply this method to a clean install, which will result in the loss of your existing data.
Step 1: Uninstall Kodi from Fire TV Stick
First and foremost, we must uninstall Kodi from your FireStick. Follow the instructions outlined below:
1. Browse to FireStick Settings and choose “Applications.”
2. Go to “Manage Installed Applications”
3. Select Kodi and click OK.
4. Click “Force Stop” to confirm that Kodi is not operating in the background.
5. Lastly, click Uninstall.
And Kodi will be uninstalled from your Firestick. And there won’t be any data left from Kodi on your device.
Step 2: Reinstall Kodi on FireStick
Now that you’ve uninstalled Kodi from your FireStick, we will reinstall Kodi 19.5 Matrix, which is the most recent stable version. The processes are exactly similar to those shown in the update method, as mentioned above.
You can, however, use this link to install Kodi on FireStick.
What is the latest Kodi version?
Kodi 19.5 Matrix is the most recent version.
Is Kodi secure and legal?
Kodi is completely secure and legal on its own. Kodi may be downloaded from the official app stores for a variety of platforms, including the Google Play Store for Android and the Microsoft Store for Windows 10.
These app retailers would never host a potentially dangerous or unlawful app. However, keep in mind that Kodi permits third-party addons to broadcast copyrighted content. It is not legal to stream such stuff.
What is available on Kodi?
On Kodi, you can view anything you want. On Kodi, you may install both official and third-party add-ons to watch movies, TV series, kid’s content, live TV, sports, documentaries, and much more. The goal is to find the best add-on for the type of material you want to watch.