Legal Disclaimer: STBreviews does not serve, develop, or host any streaming app, addon, service, or website. This is solely a review site where we give our unbiased opinion on various apps, addons, services, websites, etc.
In this article, we covered everything about Windscribe VPN.
Windscribe VPN is a superb VPN for FireStick. But this VPN is mostly famous for its free features.
This VPN is one of the first choices for a free VPN for The Amazon FireStick. That’s why we are showing you how to install Windscribe VPN on FireStick.
Amazon FireStick is one of the best streaming devices you can buy. It’s mainly popular for its jailbroke option.
Review of WindScribe VPN
Windscribe runs admirably, has a relatively compact app that takes up little space, and is also very simple to use, even if you’ve never used a free VPN or a premium VPN service before. It comes in both free and premium versions.
The premium version grants unrestricted access to over 600 servers in 50 countries worldwide. The subscription version also includes exclusive ‘Windflix’ servers that are only accessible to users who pay for a premium membership.
Let’s talk about what you are gonna get with the free version.
The free version works on almost every platform and includes extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. The free version also has a monthly data cap of 10GB, which is more than most free VPNs offer.
Windscribe provides access to more than ten countries, although at slower speeds than the premium version. Windscribe’s internet speeds don’t vary much, yet they rarely go beyond average.
Because you’re looking for a FireStick VPN, it’s safe to presume you’ll be using it to access streaming services. In that instance, you may experience sporadic buffering problems.
Pros & Cons
- The logging policy protects the privacy of users.
- 32 are unblocked with a premium membership. Netflix’s library
- Most servers offer P2P and torrenting.
- Works in China and other restricted territories
- The number of concurrent connections is not restricted.
- Completely free version
- Long-distance slow speeds
- There is no live chat customer service.
- There was no impartial no-logs audit.
- Located in Canada (Five Eyes nation)
- A VPN subscription does not include Smart DNS
How to Sign up for WindScribe VPN for Free?
1. Go to this page.
2. Fill up this form.
3. And your free account will be set.
Install WindScribe VPN on Your FireStick
1. On the Amazon FireStick home screen, go to Find, then Search.
2. Type “Windscribe” and select the “Windscribe VPN” search suggestion that appears below.
3. On the following screen, select the Windscribe icon/tile.
4. Click Get.
5. The Windscribe app will download and install in seconds.
6. Finally, select Open and sign in to use Windscribe VPN on your FireStick.
Change Servers on WindScribe VPN
1. After the installation is complete, launch the app.
2. Login with your username and password.
3. After you log in, the app will give you a list of VPN servers to which you can connect.
4. Connect to a VPN server or use the best location to let Windscribe find the ideal server for you.
5. You’ll now have an IP address out of that location and will be secured by the Windscribe VPN security.
Windscribe is a good option, however, it’s a touch slow and has some privacy and customer support difficulties. It provides a comprehensive set of security features, a large number of servers to choose from, a robust free option, and reliable unblocking abilities.
We were especially impressed by its short-distance speeds and ability to torrent on most servers. It even works in restrictive countries like China, which is unusual
Sadly, it has certain downsides. Long-distance servers had slow speeds, and despite using nearby servers, we were never able to broadcast games. It’s also troubling that its servers have been seized in Ukraine, and its customer service system is weak.
Overall, it’s a good choice for streaming, but it can’t compete in most other areas with other top VPNs. ExpressVPN is clearly much better for streaming in FireStick.
It has great security and privacy features, works in China, provides 24/7 live chat service, and has 3000+ servers spread across 60+ countries; despite being slightly more expensive, we would recommend it instead.