Legal Disclaimer: STBreviews does not serve, develop, or host any streaming app, addon, service, or website. This is solely a review site where we give our unbiased opinion on various apps, addons, services, websites, etc.
We will show you how to install Kodi on FireStick in this step-by-step guide. The same instructions apply to the FireStick 4K, 4K Max, Fire TV, Firestick Lite, and Fire TV Cube.
However, before we begin the installation process, let us first give you a brief overview.
Amazon Fire TV or Stick is undoubtedly one of the most popular streaming devices. Numerous well-known entertainment providers are supported, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, and many more.
However, almost everything comes with a cost. To see your preferred stuff, you must pay an enormous amount for membership fees.
This is where Kodi comes into play. With Kodi, you can access a wealth of entertainment without breaking the bank.
Kodi is one of the greatest Amazon Fire Stick apps, unlocking a new world of free multimedia content that may not be available in your location or may be too expensive.
Read: Kodi Review 2022 – Great Software for Entertainment.
How to Install Kodi on FireStick
You may install Kodi on your Firestick by using the Downloader. The majority of customers utilize this technique to install any third-party app on their Firestick.
Let’s get right into the installation process.
1. Go back to the Home page and go to Search.
2. Type “Downloader” in the search box, and it usually pops up right away. Then hit OK on your remote.
3. Select Downloader and press “OK” on your remote again.
4. Press “OK” once more.
And it will start downloading.
5. After finishing the download, press “Open.”
6. And once again, you must hit Allow.
7. Then press OK.
Setting up Downloader
After downloading the Downloader, you have to grant access to the Downloader so that it can install third-party applications on your Firestick.
1. Once again, head to Settings.
2. Go to My Fire TV.
3. Go to the Developer Option and press OK.
If you can’t find the developer option on your Firestick, then Click Here.
4. Then go to Install unknown apps.
5. Find Downloader and press OK to grant access to Downloader.
7. Go to Settings and select Preferences > Privacy Settings. Turn off Device Usage Data as well as Collect App Usage Data.
This step is optional, however, it is strongly advised if you are concerned about privacy.
After that, you can easily install Kodi on your Firestick. Let’s get started with the process.
Install Kodi on Firestick
This step will teach you how to download and install Kodi on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. For those who are unaware, Kodi 19.4 Matrix is the latest version.
1. Return to the home screen and tap the Apps icon.
2. Then open Downloader.
3. Click the URL box on the right side.
4. For the latest Kodi 19.4 Matrix, enter https://kodi.tv/download/android, and Click GO.
5. Then Downloader will take you to Kodi’s official site.
6. Scroll down. And you can see there is Kodi v19.4 (Matrix) written there, then select “ARMV7A (32BIT)”.
7. And the download process will start.
8. When the download is over, click “Install.”
9. Wait for the installation to complete.
10. After the installation is complete, click OPEN to launch the Kodi application. Click DONE if you want to open it some other time.
Before you begin streaming with apps like Kodi, please be aware that anything you stream will be available to your ISP and the government. Streaming copyrighted content (movies and TV series) may put you in legal trouble.
You can use a VPN to protect your internet streaming/browsing activity. A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, helps in the subversion of ISP throttling, government surveillance, and content geo-restrictions.
We suggest ExpressVPN, It’s one of the most dependable VPNs for streaming.
Is Kodi secure and legal?
Kodi is completely secure and legal on its own. Kodi may be downloaded from the official app stores for a variety of platforms, including the Google Play Store for Android and the Microsoft Store for Windows 10. These app retailers would never host a potentially dangerous or unlawful app. However, keep in mind that Kodi permits third-party addons to broadcast copyrighted content. It is not legal to stream such stuff.
What is available on Kodi?
You can watch movies, shows, sports, live TV, documentaries, children’s programming, anime, and pretty much anything else you can think of.
Keep in mind that Kodi does not host any of its own material. Instead, you must obtain content through Kodi addons. There are hundreds of extensions for any sort of video you want to watch. Official and third-party add-ons are both supported. You can also utilize Kodi builds to improve your experience.
Is it possible to install Kodi on the Fire TV Cube?
Yes, Kodi can be installed on the Fire TV Cube. The interface and navigation method are the same across all Fire TV devices (FireStick 2nd Gen, Fire Stick 4K, 4K Max, and Fire TV Cube). As a result, the Kodi installation procedures described in this guide also apply to the Fire TV Cube.
What is the most recent Kodi version of Firestick?
The most recent version of Kodi is the 19.4 Matrix. This version, released in March 2022, included minor bug fixes as well as cosmetic adjustments.
That’s it. We hope you had a pleasant experience following the guidelines outlined above. Now you can relax and enjoy the abundance of amazing multimedia content that Kodi has to offer.
However, we advise you to avoid downloading pirated or unlawful content. If you encounter any difficulties in the future, simply reset Kodi on your FireStick, and it will be as good as new.