Legal Disclaimer: STBreviews does not serve, develop, or host any streaming app, addon, service, or website. This is solely a review site where we give our unbiased opinion on various apps, addons, services, websites, etc.
ExpressVPN on Firestick is one of the most popular VPN services for streaming. The VPN is well-known for its excellent functionality and fast speeds, which allow users to stream HD content without buffering.
ExpressVPN has a dedicated app for the Amazon Firestick, a popular device among cord-cutters worldwide. Installing the app on FireStick will make geo-restrictions, online surveillance, and ISP throttling obsolete.
Why should you use ExpressVPN with your FireStick?
ExpressVPN is the most reliable VPN for privacy, security, and streaming. We’ve been using this VPN service for a couple of years because of its excellent service.
Here are some features that distinguish it as one of the best VPNs for FireStick:
Truly excellent Speeds
ExpressVPN is one of the fastest VPNs available that money can buy. It has a network that is optimized for speed, with over 3,000 VPN servers spread across 160 locations in 94 countries. This ensures that you can smoothly stream in HD and 4K, which is not the case with the average VPN.
All Streaming Services are Unblocked
Unblocking restricted content is one of the most common uses of a VPN on Firestick and Fire TV. The most well-known and widely used of these services is Netflix, which provides different content for different countries and prohibits the use of VPNs.
ExpressVPN is one of the few VPNs that can reliably provide Netflix access. Once you have an account and have installed the VPN, you will be able to unblock Netflix in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, India, and other countries.
You can also access geo-restricted services such as BBC iPlayer, HBO Now, and Hulu.
Strong Privacy and Security
ExpressVPN has an impressive zero-logs policy combined with AES 256-bit encryption, ensuring that all of your internet activities are private, secure, and anonymous.
This is especially important if you stream with Kodi or third-party Android streaming apps like Cinema HD, Titanium TV, CatMouse, and others.
Third-party Kodi addons and such apps may contain pirated content, and if you unintentionally stream such content, you may face legal consequences. Because governments and ISPs monitor their users’ online activities, it is critical to stream safely.
Easy to use
ExpressVPN offers advanced features such as a Network Lock Kill Switch and VPN Split Tunneling while also keeping the VPN interface tidy and easy to use, as we’ll see in the how-to-use section.
A quick overview of ExpressVPN’s key features
- VPN servers are available in 94 countries.
- Fast speed – ideal for streaming
- A strict no-logging policy
- 256-bit encryption is extremely secure.
- There are no streaming restrictions.
- Unrestricted Bandwidth
- Network Security (Killswitch)
- Netflix and BBC iPlayer are unblocked.
- It’s safe to use torrents.
- Dedicated apps and simple setup on all devices.
- 5 concurrent connections.
- Excellent live chat/email support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Acceptance of Bitcoin
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days
How to Install ExpressVPN on Firestick
ExpressVPN has a dedicated app for the Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube. This app is easily accessible on the Amazon store, and you can install it in a matter of seconds.
However, before we begin the installation, you must first purchase an ExpressVPN subscription. On its annual plan, you can save 49%.
However, if you are unable to install the app using that method for whatever reason, you can sideload it.
And we are going to show you how to install ExpressVPN on your Firestick by sideloading because it is the most preferable method and works on each Firestick device.
Please keep in mind that you do not need to use this method if you already installed ExpressVPN on FireStick using the first method from the Amazon Store.
If you can’t find ExpressVPN on Amazon, you can download and install its APK file.
You’ll need an app called Downloader to get started. The Downloader app is a FireStick sideloading tool.
Take the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Find > Search option on the main menu.
2. In the search results, type Downloader and then click on Downloader.
3. The app should be the first recommendation. Click on it.
4. To install the app on your Firestick, choose Get or Download.
5. After installing the Downloader app, go to the home screen and select FireStick Settings.
6. Select My Fire TV
7. Click on Developer Options
If you don’t find the developer option there, Click Here.
8. Open Install Unknown Apps
9. Now, click the Downloader app and switch it to ON.
10. Now, on your FireStick, launch the Downloader app.
When you launch Downloader for the first time, some prompts might appear. Ignore all of those prompts.
As shown in the image below, click on the address bar.
11. Enter the URL, “firesticktricks.com/express” and click on Go.
12. The ExpressVPN APK is now being downloaded.
13. When the download is finished, click Install.
14. After it has finished installing, click Done. The downloader will prompt you to delete the APK. To save space, click Delete. When compelled, select Delete once more.
The app should now be on your app list.
How to use ExpressVPN on Firestick
Here’s how to proceed now that you’ve successfully installed the ExpressVPN APK on your Fire TV device.
How to access the App
Navigate to All My Apps to access your newly downloaded ExpressVPN app. Click the Menu button, select Move, drag it to the desired position, and then click OK.
You can then launch the VPN app from there.
1. You’ve already found the app on your Firestick. To open it, simply click it.
2. On the next screen, click Sign In to enter your credentials. If you don’t already have an account, you can get your login information from here.
3. After you sign in, the app will ask for permission to configure the Firestick. When Firestick prompts you for a connection request, simply click OK twice.
4. The home screen of the VPN app should now be visible. Click the connected button to connect the VPN on your Firestick / Fire TV. And if its connected then it will show disconnected.
Selecting or Changing Server on ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is simple to use, and you can connect quickly by pressing the power button. Click on the first server that appears on the screen to select it. You can choose one of the recommended servers or go to All Locations. Servers are well organized into regions, countries, and even cities.
ExpressVPN Installation Guide on Firestick 2022
ExpressVPN is without a doubt one of the best VPN options for Firestick, as well as my personal favorite. It is a multi-purpose product that can be used for privacy and security as well as unblocking restricted content.
You can follow the instructions above to install ExpressVPN on your Firestick or Fire TV; the Firestick app is designed to be remote-friendly, so you should have no trouble using it.
To read about the ExpressVPN review, Click Here.
To read more of our VPN-related articles, Click Here.